Now in its fifth year, the Lomita Railroad Museum Speakers Forum offers audiences fascinating presentations and lively discussion in an enjoyable and relaxed setting. Our presenters are authors, scholars, local personalities, and experts in their fields.
This season’s five presentations of the Lomita Railroad Museum Speakers Forum revolve around the general themes of the past, present and future in
- Railroads and transportation
- The American West and experiences of the people who live here
- Other topics of interest related to Lomita, the Los Angeles South Bay, and Southern California
Each program begins with a reception and light refreshments in the Museum Patio at 6:30 p.m. followed by the lecture at 7:00 p.m.
In 2012, through the generosity of a grant from BNSF Railways Foundation, we were able to expand our programming and more widely promote the series to attract a larger audience. Through the support of donors like you, the Lomita Railroad Museum Foundation has continued this effort.
Below is the 2013-14 Calendar of Events, but if you have suggestions for future topics or presenters, please let us know.
Each year the Museum hosts six special events -
- the Lomita Chamber of Commerce Mixer in September
- our Fruit of the Vine Wine Tasting Fundraiser in September and (date change in 2014)
- the Holiday Appreciation Event for our donors, volunteers and Friends of the Museum in December
- Music at the Museum in March (new in 2014)
- our end-of-year Tea on the Lawn in May
- Community Day at the Museum with free admission, entertainment, and special tours for all in August (date change in 2014)
Why do we ask for RSVPs?
Most events at the Lomita Railroad Museum are free, but we ask that you RSVP so that we have sufficient refreshments and seating. Thanks to our generous donors, presentations with larger numbers of attendees can now be accommodated comfortably in the Museum patio area.
To RSVP, please
- email us at Lomita.RR.Museum@gmail.com , or
- phone the museum at (310) 326-6255