Join the Friends
The Friends of the Lomita Railroad Museum invite you to help preserve steam-era railroading history by becoming a member. By joining the Friends organization you contribute to maintaining the Museum as an interpretive and educational institution where people can learn more about the heritage of railroading and the role railroads play in the world today. All membership categories include free admission to the Museum, a subscription to the Friend's quarterly newsletter, the SPURLINE GAZETTE, and a 10% discount on purchases at the Museum Gift Shop.
CLICK HERE for additional information on joining the Friends of Lomita Railroad Museum.
Contribute to our Museum Expansion
Contribute to our Lomita Railroad Museum Expansion as we work toward building a new facility that will accommodate additional displays, archival research and storage areas, expanded educational programming, community events, and the Lomita Historical Society.
CLICK HERE for additional information on contributing.
Remember Someone with a Brick
If you would like to support the Museum expansion you can help by purchasing a paving brick that is custom engraved dedicated to you, your business, or a loved one. The bricks are placed in our Walk of Fame located near the yellow caboose on Museum grounds. You and your honorees are invited to attend the formal unveiling of your bricks at our Holiday Appreciation Party for Donors, Volunteers, and Supporters in December.
CLICK HERE and HERE for additional information on joining ordering a brick for your loved one.
And you can help in other ways!
The Lomita Railroad Museum…
- Archives, maintains, and displays the museum’s collection of artifacts from railroad era
- Educates the public – school children and adults, individuals and groups – about the past, present & future of railroads and transportation, and about the history of Lomita, Southern California, and the Westward Expansion,
- Serves as a community center for Lomita and the South Bay and a destination point for railroad enthusiasts from all over.
Here are more ways to help!
- Become a volunteer at the Lomita Railroad Museum
- Help guide visitor and school tours of the museum
- Assist with cataloging and displaying our collection
- Help produce educational materials, games, and activities for child visitors
- Assist with hosting special events at the museum
- Donate to support the museum and its programing. For example, this year your dollars could help purchase these items of particular need…
- Outdoor sign stands for displaying information about the Mogul engine, cabooses, and other rolling stock around the grounds
- Indoor/outdoor portable display stands and cabinets for rotating display of museum artifacts.
- Audiovisual equipment for showing video programs
- A laminator for producing attractive and informative display signage and educational posters
- Heavy duty shelving units for more efficient & secure organization of items in storage
- Donate a used car (info coming soon)
- Use GoodSearch as your internet search engine - http://www.goodsearch.com/ and enter Lomita Railroad Museum
- Buy a gift at the museum Gift Shop or online (soon).
For more information
Call the museum at (310) 326-6255 or email us at email@example.com
Thank you for your support of the Lomita Railroad Museum!
The Lomita Railroad Museum Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All gifts are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law.