Irene Lewis Park
The Lomita Railroad Museum offers a beautiful, secluded, and secure park setting that will make your celebration memorable. Commemorate special events such as birthday parties, family reunions, weddings, and business events here!
The museum is located in a quiet residential area, just one city block east of Narbonne Avenue. Parking at the museum is free, with additional street parking nearby.
The Irene Lewis Park (next door to the museum) or the Annex Park (across the street from the museum) are both part of the Lomita Railroad Museum complex and available to rent.
Aerial view of Irene Lewis and Annex parks
The Annex Park has a 1923 Union Oil tank car and a 1913 Southern Pacific wooden boxcar, while the Irene Lewis Park displays a 1949 all-metal Santa Fe caboose.
Rules & Regulations
- All fees and/or deposits are to be paid 5 working days prior to your event.
- All changes to your event will need to be made 5 days prior to your event.
- The rental application becomes your permit for facility use upon authorized approval and payment of all fees and/or deposits.
- Please check in and out with museum staff before and after your event.
- Park facilities must be left clean and in the same condition presented before your arrival.
- Approved returned deposits can take between 7 – 14 business days to be returned.
- A maximum capacity of 75 or less will be permitted in the Annex Park for rentals.
- You may bring food, drinks, chairs, BBQ grill, balloons, and a piñata to enjoy at our Annex Park & Irene Lewis Park only.
- Balloon garlands needs to be popped at the conclusion of your event and discarded in the trash can.
- Vehicles may not enter the park to drop off or pick up any equipment (BBQs, tables & chairs, tents 10 x 10 only, etc.).
- Payment Options: DEBIT, CREDIT CARD, or CHECK. Checks should be payable to the ”City of Lomita”.
- ALCOHOL is STRICTLY PROHIBITED at all park facilities.
- Fun Jumpers/Bounce Houses, Trackless Trains, and Petting Zoos are STRICTLY PROHIBITED at all park facilities.
- Decorating is prohibited inside the museum.
- Eating and drinking is prohibited inside the museum, except for bottled water.